As most of you know, I was on an Alaskan Cruise from 8/18-8/25 with two days in Seattle before leaving. Up to the last moment (and I do mean as I was driving to the airport), I kept considering whether to go or stay home due to family issues...but boy am I glad I went. It was a dream vacation...and I really enjoyed every moment of it.
THE BEST OF THE SEATTLE-ALASKA EXPERIENCE
5. Spending time with sister Pam without having to worry about Lee or Mom or anyone else....except for that one night when she peeked into my shopping bags...though she was penalized enough by that...just ask her what happened to our chocolate that night!!!
4. Being treated like a queen in the dining room! Noel and Pong made sure we were treated well., Way to much to talk about in terms of food on the ship but I must say the highlights included Rum-infused Pina Colada soup (Anna, make me some), Raindeer Stew, and the Pastry Buffet!!!!
3. SHOPPING!!!!!! And yes, I filled up an extra bag I had packed....and just with yarn!!!!
2. The scenery...beyond compare. A random sampling of pictures will be posted soon, as soon as I get them off the phone and onto the computer (see #4 below).
1. SMOKED SALMON CHOWDER...........................
THE WORST OF THE SEATTLE-ALASKA EXPERIENCE
5. Leaving Ziggy and Jones behind...though it was kinda nice to not have to share a bed with them!!!!
4. Forgetting to pack my cord to charge my camera....the camera function of my phone worked...but didn't do some of the scenery true justice.
3. Losing all restraint when it came to eating by day 4....and giving up my stance of only using the stairs.
2. The time change coming back to Indiana...it has taken me most of this week to get acclimated.
1. No Moose sightings, No Bear sightings!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment