Sunday, October 18, 2009

Awesome Sister-in-law!!!

Maria Rocks!!! First she completes the Nashville mini-marathon this summer in excellent time, and then she does the Grand Canyon. Though I know she has more stories to tell of her experience this past week I am awestruck at her accomplishment. She is truly amazing!!! (Douglas is too but as my nephew, he is expected to be.....)

So, Maria you may have my great admiration and respect but I think that I will NEVER do the Grand Canyon for the following reasons:
1. What goes down, must come up....no place to deposit your trash. And Tab cans can be quite heavy to carry in a back pack.
2. Scratching out a hole to "do your business" is not on my list of things to do...and the thought of then having to "carry out" my USED toilet paper....NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
3. Finding out that you really only to get to take in the views when you stop and look (with the risk of falling further behind) because otherwise you are concentrating on where you place your feet...
3. And Douglas' reassurances that the edge of the trail isn't a sheer drop does not meet my definitions...his explanation that there are bushes and things you can grab to break your "slide" is not REASSURING.
So hats off to Douglas and Maria (and John for past hikes). Just send me the photos.....hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment