Friday, October 23, 2009

Mi Casa es no su Casa

Ha! No, that's not me telling people "no visitors". It's to briefly talk about me becoming a CASA which stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate. Once I am done with my training (which started last night) of around 40 hours, I will be assigned various cases. Probably one to begin with, which means I will be following a child who is part of the court system over 8-12 months making sure all the various agencies are following thru on the treatment plan with the ultimate goal of reunification with the family. In some states it is known as a guardian ad litem program It should be challenging which will be a good thing for me!!! And it finally is my efforts at doing volunteer work! The only negative, this training is cutting into knitting time. HAHA!!

2 comments:

  1. Rob would like me to inform you that it's "Mi casa NO ES su casa." You have the "no es" backwards. And therefore WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! Can I help it if it's been 40 years (oh god really?) since High School spanish!! Maybe I need the Rosetta Stone...

    ReplyDelete