For the past 14 years, I have been very, very lucky in that Doug Bowers, the "Ex", has always been available when I've needed help with getting cars out of ditches, electrical problems, lawnmower problems, central air conditioning problems, plumbing problems, appliance issues, etc. And of course, he did such a great job remodeling my bathroom 2 years ago, and the kitchen last summer.
But he now has gone well beyond the call of duty and thus wins the Award for Best Ex of the 21st Century award!!! He willingly volunteered to help move Mom and Lee from TN this weekend. So he took a day off work, made arrangements for his significant other to be attended to in his absence and got up in order to leave at 5 am Friday morning riding down with me (he might say that was the worst part of the weekend..tee hee hee) and then proceeding to load a 16 foot truck with all their possessions before driving my car back to Indiana on the same day! Then he came to the new apartment on saturday and helped unload everything, rearrange furniture a hundred times (he really listens to Pam's Pointing Finger), and made sure everything was in place!!!
And he did it all with humor treating everyone with respect, kindness, and patience. Thus the award goes to................................................ Doug Bowers!!!!
And as I've always said, I have the best divorced parents ever.
ReplyDelete