Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am smarter than a racoon...I know I am.....aren't I?

So Rocky the racoon has been the bane of my existence this summer (and Chairman Meow's). He has no fear and will come eat cat food 24/7. I don't dare leave the garage door open or I will come out in 15 minutes and the 18 pound cat food bag is ten feet out into the yard. I have moved the cat food bowl up to the deck by the door thinking the lights and movement inside the house will keep him away. It doesn't (though some might say what lights? what movement? but that's being cruel).
I can stand at the door and open it and say shoo for an hour...but he keeps coming back. I can feed Chairman while I sit in the hot tub but that doesn't deter Rocky at all. I moved the cat food bowl to the top of the hot tub which outsmarted Rocky for about two days. . So tonight the plan was to feed Chairman while I sat in the hot tub and he could eat on the flipped open side of the lid.
Imagine my shock to look up from the book and to see Rocky eating cat food from the bowl maybe 24 inches from my head!! Thank God the ereader went flying to the outside of the hot tub!!!
My next plan? Feed Chairman inside under supervision....UNLESS...that's been Chairman's plan all along and he is paying Rocky to make me give up and bring him into the house. Hmmmm, surely not?...

No comments:

Post a Comment