Saturday, July 3, 2010

Starting the 4th of July weekend with a blast (almost)

So friday morning, I made it in to the gym for a great work out....pumped full of endorphins....heading over to work I decided to run the car thru the car wash to shine it up for my sister's day of running errands for our parents. Still grooving...in a shiny red car....Sirius XM radio blasting a 70's tune.......

Til I see a police car headed my way. Crap!!! Quick glance at the speedometer reveals 57!!! Yep, the lights go on, the cop makes a U-turn and I pull over to the curb (along with two other cars). The cop gets out, walks towards the row of cars....waving the others on.........
"Good Morning Officer"
"Were you trying to blow dry your car?"
"I guess I was..."
"Did you know you were going 57?"
"Yes"
"Did you know the speed limit on this road is 35?"
"Really? No, I did not."
"You were driving with excessive speed. Please give me your D.L., registration, insurance..."

"OK, this matches up but I am going to have to call this in....You were driving with excessive speed."
<3-4>
"Well, other than a seat belt violation nine years ago....you have a clean record....so be careful and have a safe holiday weekend."
"I had a seat belt violation????" "Oh, and you have a safe holiday weekend too."

DID THIS JUST HAPPEN. DID I LUCK OUT? DID I REALLY NOT GET A SPEEDING TICKET???? MUST HAVE BEEN MY CHARMED LIFE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work!

    The Bowers women sure do have a way of not getting tickets.

    ReplyDelete