Monday, June 21, 2010

Weather Report

This past month in Indiana has been more like an April than a June. We've had torrential rains, almost daily thunderstorms that come and go without warning and wind. Did I mention we've had wind?? So it's not been unusual to come home from work and find branches down in the yard...grrrrrr...it makes mowing so much harder. I've lost four big limbs....such as ones like this.
However, imagine my surprise saturday morning to wake up and start down the driveway only to find this beautiful arch over the drive consisting of tree that has bended over the drive. Well, I, being the person I am...drove under the arch...no problem. Came back, drove under again...no problem. The third time....the arch was definitely lower...and I worried about scratching the top of my little red wagon with a branch so I drove around the arch into the yard...... Saturday evening, as I was sitting sweating on the couch (did I mention the air conditioner died saturday) I heard this big whoosh....and yep....you got it.....the arch had fallen.

But don't worry.....a knight in shining armor came over today and just like in Sleeping Beauty...carved a path thru this and this so once again.....I could travel up the drive.
but now, guess who gets to move all the limbs to the burn pile. Seriously, I am not complaining....I have it so much easier than people in the Gulf where the impact of the BP oil snafu will be felt for decades.P.S. The AC is working again...why do Mice like to live inside it causing shorts?????

1 comment:

  1. You do need a man around for some of these chores!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete