Suddenly I hear this WHOMPA WHOMPA WHOMPA..... so I put the car in Park and jumped out, expecting to see a blown out tire (Lee's guess) a guard rail being dragged behind (though that was kinda not within the realm of possibilities...??? right???) or who knows what. I saw nothing so I went back into the car and slowly inched up into the left turn lane and heard whom pa whom pa whom pa....so I pulled into Newtone's parking lot.
What did I find....well protruding from the left rear tire was a six inch piece of round metal...though I though it was rebar.....but it actually was copper tubing.
I had several choices......throw a fit....call Doug....change the tire....but instead I slowly pulled out the copper pipe (which was in the shape of an L..and each leg seriously was six inches length) and slowly drove to the dealer about half a mile away.......Though they didn't have a tire in stock (new car, new type of tire), they put my spare on...ordered a tire that came in today...and now the car is back to normal. The service manager said if I had kept driving with the rod it would have wreaked havoc on the tire well.
As my Mom said...what an adventure!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment