Friday, January 14, 2011

At least the bigger part of me is a celebrity.......

So wednesday morning I headed into the gym to meet up with my trainer despite the five inches of snow.  I get there and see the local news truck in the lot and think, crap!  Not wearing the most flattering gym togs but I will just stay out of the way.  Well, trainer was running late, so I decided to hop on the treadmill and do some intervals...keeping an eye on the television set where they were "broadcasting live from Newtone" going back and forth from the gym to the newsroom.  The cameras and interviews were no where near me.  So imagine this...here I am jogging on the treadmill watching the broadcast on the tv when all of a sudden I see a long shot from behind (and I do mean behind...pun intended) of a woman jogging on the treadmill.  Yup...that's my butt in all its turqoise shorts glory (why oh why didn't I wear slimming black shorts that day).  Thankfully the camera left my "asset" after just a few moments.  Later the cameraman was wondering around and came towards me (still doing intervals on the treadmill)..I kinda gave him the evil eye...so he shot footage of my feet.  By the time I left the gym and made it home, one person had posted on my facebook wall that they had seen me.  Tonight, two other people told me not only had they seen me on the treadmill but in a later segment (when I was running on the track) they were interviewing someone who was standing in the opening of the track room and there I was.....in the background!!!

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH.  At least on the rebroadcast, you didn't see my body....just the white shoes on the treadmill.  (and I think I need to work on my stride....soonly). 

My claim to fame...and by extension....yours!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't even thinking about your behind when you said 'the bigger part of me is famous'.

    Hahahahaha. You would've been REALLY famous then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pissed!!! I totally forgot to look for this when you told me about it in person. Hey, if anyone wants to see (just) Mom's feet...

    http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/new-year-new-look-for-club

    Alllll the way at the end of the segment.

    You have a way of getting only parts of you on TV. First your boob (yes, just the one), then your feet, then your BUTT! It's the trifecta of local fame.

    ReplyDelete