Sunday, June 12, 2011

29 days to go!!!

This is all about the Burpee challenge that my sister Pam wondered what in the heck it was (Pam, you can also you tube it!!!) and my niece Jennifer who thought it was somehow connected to eating green beans (tee hee hee). 

So 71 days ago my trainer challenged me to a burpee challenge.  Day One = One Burpee, Day Two = Two Burpees.  So today we are on day 71.....which means 71 burpees.  Yep!  That's right!!!  Mind you, if you go to the internet to see what one looks like, know that mine is a burpee with a jump up into the air with my arms overhead when I get back to my feet.  When I accepted this challenge I wasn't thinking right...and definitely wasn't thinking about the fact that I would be gone for a week to California where the Burpees had to then be done in a hotel room in Clearlake...or out in a public park in Sacremento.  And worse....when I am in Houston visiting Anna I will be on days 89 thru 94 and since Anna's house isn't conducive to doing them inside.....watch out Houston, there will be a crazy woman doing burpees early in the morning in public..on a bike path or something before the heat and humidity is in the hundreds.  Again, I have no idea what I was thinking.

I hear that there will be a new burpee challenge starting July 12th.  One that involves a push up while in the "thrust" position.....I'm probably just crazy enough to do it!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I just Youtubed it. You are amazing. I am so impressed!

    You can tell I have a 9 month old because I thought you were making burp cloths. Haha. I thought, "What is she going to do with 100 burp cloths?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind Brooke I would MUCH rather be making burp cloths.....and I also cheat just a little to save my knees...I have a step riser to bring me off the floor about four-six inches!!!

    ReplyDelete