Saturday, November 5, 2011

Deb's List of Lies People Tell

1.  The Chicago Hot Chocolate 15K is a flat race course....now that's a lie.  There were several "inclines" during the course...the worst one was at the 9 mile mark.2.  You're doing great...keep it up...not far to go...now I heard that at least ten times today.  Each time WAS A LIE.
3.  You are so close, the finish is just around the corner.  WHAT A FREAKING LIE....I still had at least a mile to go.
4.  The last mile is the best..you will be energized by the crowds.  REALLY?  REALLY?  The last mile was my worst, and I wanted to punch each and every person in the crowd.  And that's no lie!
5.  You won't feel too bad after the race, tomorrow will be the worst of it.  REALLY? REALLY?  The fact I could hardly step up into a porta potty, and had to lower myself onto the seat by use of a door knob probably speaks to the fact that if this was NOT a lie (and I think it is)...I will not be getting out of bed in the morning.  6.  My friend kept laughing at me as I audibly groaned as I climbed two little steps to get into the hotel.....not so sue she is a friend....she LAUGHED at me.

More on my experiences tomorrow....that is if I can get out of bed to reach the laptop!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment