Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Story Written by Emily, Narrated by Rob (too cute for me to not post)

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
The four-legged creatures were stirring; I’m sleeping on the couch
No stockings were hung, the decorations aren’t there
For fear that the cats would wreak havoc everywhere
Emily was nestled all snug in her bed,
While Buster and Lucille purred on her head.

With Emily passed out, all doped on Dimetap,
I settled my brain with a whiskey nightcap –
When from the back of the house there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the bedroom I flew like a flash,
The curtains were torn, the trim was all scratched.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
Two innocent kittens licking each others ears.

Now Lucille, Now Buster, why can’t you behave?
You’re small and you’re sweet, but way too brave.
To the top of the couch! To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!
If you two could only speak, I’m sure you would say
“Meowy Christmas to all, now let’s go play!”

1 comment: