I am constantly trying to psych myself up to this task I set myself last November (in a very weak moment) when I signed up for the Indy Half-Marathon. But I am committed and am working hard at the training schedule. I have even given up carbonated drinks (this means TaB) until after the race. Trying to eat healthier, blah blah blah. Am looking forward to running outside once the weather improves...I am such a wuss...no running outside in this cold for me!!!!
So, because I work better when I have "goals"...and have written them down somewhere, here it goes.
1. To finish the race. Though yesterday when I got off the treadmill after a grueling 5 mile run...a cardiologist asked me if I had considered getting a stress echo done BEFORE the 13.1 mile race. Not sure what he was saying...that I looked half-dead already at only 5 miles? Hmmmm.
2. To not be the person, the race organizers are following, pulling up barricades...in other words, not to finish last.
3. To be at or finish better than my 15K race last November. That race pace was 12:13 ( a little slower than 5 mph which I was thrilled with knowing how much of that race was walked) so if I can get to an 11:xx so much the better. But even if it's a 12:13 I will be happy since it is a longer race. My splits (not sure what that means) was 36:07 and 1:13:27 so you can how much slower I was in the second half. So a mini-goal is to have more consistency in that race.
4. Be able to walk back to the hotel after I finish........
5. Be able to get out of the car once I get home.......
And the reward? The immediate reward is going to be, drinking ice cold TaB all the way home. Wheeeeeee
Woo! You can do it! I am so excited for your race. You will do awesome. It's really not as bad as it seems- granted I can only walk down stairs backward without it hurting- I think your goals are great!
ReplyDeleteWhen is this event and where?? Need support?? Will travel if needed!!
ReplyDelete