Monday, March 5, 2012

Knitting Update

Well I have two new projects on my needles this past week.  One is going well, I've started a new top for a special daughter who lives in Texas (gee, guess who that is) and I have the back about half done.  It's a great design...but won't publish a picture til it's off the needles and the recipient has it.  It's been a nice project to take to work as I have decided that I need to stop eating at my desk and take lunch breaks again.  Since a co-worker left in January, I tend to work thru lunch eating at my desk...and I find that I am mentally fatigued at the end of the day...I eat more, I make bad choices on what I eat once I get home, blah blah blah.

So this knitting project I will do at work.  I might still eat at my desk but then I will go sit down in the dining area or in the lobby and knit for 30 minutes or so.  I find it refreshes my mind and mental status.  SHE WHO KNITS TENDS TO STAY IN CONTROL THE REST OF THE DAY.  Of course, that doesn't always work but it sure helps!!!

The second project is a baby blanket for my trainer who is due in June.  First baby blanket in 2012.  I have about three inches done but am going to have rip it back as I am learning a new technique (intarsia) and have made a tactical error that causes the yarn to buckle and it distorts the pattern.  Ziggy loves this project as it has alot of dangling pieces of yarn.....which he thinks is his personal playground!!!  Wait til he sees that after you-tubing I will create little butterfly yarns to dangle....tomorrow when I restart this project.  Wish me luck.

SEE...I CAN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN WORKING OUT, THE WEATHER, AND A CAT!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment