Friday, June 29, 2012

Chaos - Bowers Style

Well as many know, I am in the process of doing some remodeling of my house.  Say What?  Yes, I know I've only been here 9 months but let me tell you those linoleum floors had to go.  Contractor's grade, white, showed every piece of cat food etc.  So I have picked out ceramic tile and since I am not the craftsman that Emily or the nieces and nephews in Utah and Arkansas are, I hired out the job.  Of course I was hoping this would mean that it would get all done in one week....No such luck.  The contractor ran into such a problem removing the old linoleum that the tile didn't get laid til thursday in the kitchen and one bath....the entryway and my bath have to wait TIL HE RETURNS FROM VACATION!!!!  But in the meantime, here is a preview of things to come.
 This is the tile for both bathrooms.....
This is the tile in the kitchen and eventually the entryway and laundry room.  Pam brought backsplash tile for the kitchen from Costco (only Pam!!!) which reallyh goes very nice with the floor.  The tile guy can't believe how nice the backsplash tile is going to be.....and it will go around the same time as my bathroom gets done.




So I will be living without a stove for a week (dang, I guess that means no cooking) and the refrig is in the living room (which is great, fewer steps to get a can of tab) but eventually it will be done.  Oh, and only one bathroom....which will only be a hardship if I have overnight company.  Ziggy is dealing with all these changes like a trooper that he is.  I will add a picture of him soon just for Grace!!!!  He definitely likes the tile in the kitchen...for his sunbathing!!!!

Add the fact that the heat is keeping my spa man (Doug) from running a eletrical line and working on extending the patio for my used hot tub....ate nothing much left for me to do.....hahahahahaha.  I hope my life begins to return to normal this coming week (Lee/Grandpa returns home on Saturday.) as I have been two weeks without running, and this week only made it to the gym three times.  Too too easy to find excuses.

More later, with pictures of the work in progress of all projects!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment