Ziggy also has decided that when I get up to go to the bathroom around 4 am that is his invitation to be petted. And by petted, I mean his neck and behind his ears must be massaged for a minimum of ten minutes. If I don't comply, he continues to bat his head onto my hand...or if I have turned over, he lays between my shoulder blades and purrs......... What a cat!!
He loves the fireplace!
Jones on the other hand is decidedly the laid back one of the duo. He is content to just lie near me. However, if I decide to stay up past HIS bedtime, he does whine and pout until I lift him up on the bed so he can go to sleep. He starts out at the foot of the bed (not on his blanket as Ziggy likes the blanket) but at least at the foot. But somehow as each hour passes, he moves farther up the bed til he is lying on a pillow. And the moment I leave the bed (pottybreak) he gets into the warm spot I leave behind and then just looks at me when I try to get back in it. He also likes to play possum in the mornings. I can get up, get in the hot tub, take a shower, pretty much be awake for an hour and he lies there hoping that I won't make him get out of bed (sneaking a peek at me from time to time to see if I am buying his "I'm still asleep" routine). He definitely has not enjoyed some of the frosty mornings...only venturing out ten feet from the door to do his duty before coming back inside.... What a joy. And he loves his walking routes. Loves to make all the dogs inside their homes start barking as he prances along..I think he is saying...hahahaha, I'm getting a walk, your aren't!!!
What a duo...so glad they lien the place up. Now I must quit typing as I see a small spot on the bed they have left open for me.....
No comments:
Post a Comment