Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am not usually one to post New Year resolutions...so won't break my own tradition, however, I do usually take a look at what I have (or have not accomplished) and what I would like to accomplish in the next year.

This Year I have learned
1.  Having pets again have been a joy!  Ziggy came in January, and Jones joined the household in July.  They have brought me more joy and happiness...even on these cold wintry days when Jones has to take his time during a walk; I am glad I became a pet owner!!!  (Emily and Rob may not be as thrilled as they are the official pet keepers when I am out of town....)
2. I can be pushed even harder when it comes to endurance and physical activity.  I ran a half-marathon and even though it was dismal---I was not carted off by ambulance or by the "too slow" bus!!!  I actually am now referring to myself as a runner....not a fast runner, but a runner!!
3.  I've learned to not compare myself to others. I am just me!  And that's okay.
4.  How to say NO.  And to not back down.  And to not continue in relationships that are meaningless and have no future.

This year I had some "firsts"
1. A cruise!!!  And I can hardly wait to do it again!!!!
2. Shooting a gun!!!!  Safely and without hurting anyone else!!!!!
3. Ran a half marathon (actually it would be more correct to say I participated in a half as I did not run the entire time.)

In 2013 I hope to
1. Run a half marathon...and perform at a better pace.  Maybe do two?
2. Do weekly blog entries....
3. Spend some time at the beach....
4. Finally hit my weight goals....I can see the end of this very long tunnel of dieting....it's kinda called lifestyle changes.

Simple goals, simple life...much contentment and happiness.

And to finish the blog....some pictures of the Zoo!!




No comments:

Post a Comment