To summarize my life, here it is:
Wake Up
Walk the Dog
Go to Work
Come Home
Walk the Dog
Go visit Mom
Come Home
Walk the Dog
Work from home for an hour or two.
Somewhere in there I still try to find time to knit, read, and work out. Usually the working out/exercise seems to get dropped first!! But before you start thinking I lead a dog's life...let me just tell you a secret about walking the dog.
1. Beautiful sunrises and Beautiful sunsets.
2. People just love Jones.......I've have had more people talk to me in the past year than ever before.
3. The walks can take as long as 30 seconds (Jones hates the rain and is appreciative of the day lilly planted just outside the front door) or as long as 45 minutes. Now these long walks may sound wonderful as a substitute for exercise. Sadly NOT. Puggles do not move fast, Puggles love to sniff and smell. If there is someone in their yard or garage, he thinks that is his cue to stand there and wag his tail til they come over.
4. And this dog is very entertaining.....
About two months ago I thought maybe I would shake up my life and take the advice of co-workers who kept pushing me to try an internet dating service. I should have known better. Even though "Our Time" is promoted for people over 50, my first clue that I was not cut out for this was when I attempted to set up an account...and for every user ID I submitted, I was told the user ID was already in use and suggested I add the word "hot" to that user ID e.g. HOTBOOKWORM, HOTHOOSIERBEACHBUM, HOTEMPTYNESTER...do you get the picture. Now interesting enough the people that they showed me were possible matches before I joined, I never saw their pictures or profiles after joining. Instead I got "possibles" of people who were newly divorced or boasted about all their grandchildren. How about the guy who had recently moved here to work at Purdue and was looking for someone to help him explore the wonderful culturally diversed and artistic lafayette area!! Are you kidding me? By the end of week one, when the website kept telling me to post pictures and to make sure there were more than one with different angles, I had had enough.
I love the dog's life I live......Jones is man enough for me!!! And better yet, he thinks I'm hot and I don't even have to tell him that!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment