Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The last of the Rules

I just realize I am leaving tomorrow and need to finish my list...so will do that here tonight so that when I get back from my lovely vacation, the next blog entry will be all about Ireland.
19.  Less reality TV.  Not saying I am going to give up Judge Judy but am going to get watching reality TV quite so much.
18. Catch up on some of my favorite shows.  Haven't watched NCIS in two years.
17. Start using Netflix more and more!
16. Walk to work at least once a week---even this winter.  It's a good way to wind up and wind down.
15. Do a Mudder!  Or a Trail Run!  Or a Color Run!  Just to be different.
14.  Quit shopping at Goodwill for Clothes!!!!  I deserve better.
13.  Find an avenue for more socialization....with adults.  Outside the gym.
12.  Start learning neighbors names.  I say hello in passing but I don't know their names.
11.  Mend bridges with those neighbor kids.  (I may save this one to my 69th year!!!!)
10.  Keep my sarcastic comments to myself (only at work).
  9.  Quit letting off steam at work.  It doesn't change anything....it doesn't make me feel any better.
  8.  Continue to offer constructive comments at work.  It's up to others as to whether they accept them.  It only devalues them...it does not devalue me.
  7.  Quit stressing over my work load.  It is what it is.
  6.  Continue to look at ways of being more efficient in doing my work.  And continue to bring my own style to the work I do...to make myself feel better.
  5.  Once a week, take stock at where I am in life...and how to reach my goals of retirement by 65.
  4.  Learn something new this next year.  A different hobby if you will that will take me into a group setting.  Right now I am thinking of archery.
  3.  Maybe, no definitely, go to a live IU football and/or basketball game every year!
  2.  Don't let a bad work day bleed over into my personal work time.
  1.  Enjoy Baby Gevers  -- my first grandchild for each moment after the arrival in February.  Already this baby has been a huge motivator for my life.  It's one of the reasons for the rules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment