Friday, November 23, 2012

Being Thankful

Many many things to be thankful for this year. (In no particular order...)
1.  That my Mom still seems to recognize me, enjoys my company, and is always willing to come to my house!!!
2.  That two nephews and a sister (with their spouses/partners) joined Mom and I for Thanksgiving.  Also thankful that the scale this morning registered the same body weight as yesterday morning...whew...dodged that bullet!!!
3.  That we "taught" Adrian, Megan, and Amelia how to play dominos yesterday.....next time we're teaching Amelia Euchre!!!!
4.  That the bitter cold of this morning was NOT evident yesterday when I ran a 5K race...and am thankful that I did a personal best yesterday to boot!!!
5.  Ziggy...who is the best cat in the world.....and was on his best behavior all day yesterday with additional people and a BIG dog invading his space.
6.  Jones, who is always a willing bed warmer....and who is the best dog ever (sorry Elpheba) though not so thankful that he learned to "hump" and "lick" his cousin Rudy yesterday (probably should clarify...that Rudy is a dog...
7. Thankful that I have a hot tub on the back patio.....speaking of which, it's probably time for the second hot tub time of the day!!!  Soon, very soon!!!
8.  Thankful that I forgot to refrigerate the turkey gravy and drippings....lest likely to overeat without those in the refrig.....but am also glad to NOT have the left over ham...a red flag food for me if there ever was one.  But very thankful I have leftover Turkey.................................wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
9.  Thankful that there will be two new great-nephew(s)/niece in to welcome 2013.
10...and Let's see if the turkey wishbone works this year!!!!!!  hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment