Sunday, November 4, 2012

Race Day

Well, it's over.  The Hot Chocolate 15K in Chicago has officially been put to bed...and I probably won't revisit it.  That's not to say I won't race another race...just not that one...unless they make lots of changes.  They started the 5K and 15K race at the same time which meant we were very congested for the first 2.8 miles, at times I had to slow to avoid running into someone.  And that statement speaks volumes of how far I have come...I used to pray for traffic to slow me down!!!!  hahahahaha

Officially finished in 1 hour 54 min and 35 seconds which was 84 seconds slower than last year.  Acceptable and though right now my pelvic area is screaming (Why that area I have no idea).....I felt better in many ways during the race.  Last year I had terrible shoulder and upper body pain with attempts to run the last 1.5 miles, none this year.  However I think I coulda, shoulda pushed myself harder at the end than I did.

Hmmmm...what race event might I do next?  And where????

No comments:

Post a Comment