Saturday, February 2, 2013

Always walk on the OTHER side of the street

****Disclaimer*** Post not intended to cause Sister Sue increase in anxiety

So tonight while Mom and I are eating supper the doorbell rang.  Standing there, very apologetic is a man (quite handsome if I may add) who explained that the corner "got away" from me and he is sorry but he will be back to make right his mistake.  I look down the drive...and laying there in all their glory is my mailbox and the neighbor's!!!!  Yup.  And though the street has been snowcovered all day, I had no idea it was slick.  I, myself, did not knock down the mailboxes earlier when bring Mom out for a visit.  So, he reassured me he'd be back after the weather improved and he would fix both mailboxes.  I asked him if his truck was okay..."no, the bumper it is bent".  So I thanked him for being honest (lives down the street from me).  And went back to eat.

About 6:15 as I was putting Mom in the car to take her back home, I looked up only to see a car (Pizza Hut delivery) crash into the mailboxes.

The neighbor's box is now quite flat, their post is totally destroyed!!!  My mailbox is intact, as is the post (I believe)....the first crash pulled it completely out of the ground...including the concrete is was set in.  The second crash...the little car was now sitting on top the post.  So I helped the kid out  "you know how to drive a manual shift car?" and we managed to get his car off the post!!!!

So lightening does strike twice, Jones and I will not walk that side of the street on these snowy days, and how many bets as to whether a third vehicle hits the corner.  Hmmm...hopefully my big fir tree will be safe!!!!

And I don't know why but have been smiling since the first incident!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment