Friday, September 16, 2011

True Training Story

So I am seriously training now for my 15K race November 5th....It's been a challenge and have not been able to get all the runs in that the schedule calls for.....but am still plodding away (and I do mean plodding).  Today was to be a 8 mile run.  I always do the long runs on the treadmill only because I can't seem to pace myself outside.  It was ugly but by doing intervals I managed to finish.

So here is the funny part of this story.  I was driving home...and touch one of my legs while untying my shoes and notice a gritty film all over my legs.  What the heck?  I tasted the grit..and yes it was salty to taste.  I noticed then I had a crusty white film over my legs and arms.  Good thing I don't live in the country anymore.  The deer would have used me as a salt lick!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment