Don't worry, I won't post all 60 rules tonight but I am thinking ahead because in just 6 short weeks I am hitting a new decade (60) so have decided to think what I would like to accomplish (bucket list if you will) or rules that I hope to live by. Some for the first year of being 60, some for the entire decade of 60.
GOSH just typing those words makes me feel old.
60. Run 60 times in my first year of the 60s. I figure that averages out to 5x/month. Doable--that is if my leg injury completely heals. Note I did not say I am running 60 half marathons or any other kind of crazy talk. I may be getting older but I am not getting crazier!!!
59. Get to the beach at least every other year.....I need that!! I really do.
58. Continue to travel If I can combine it with knitting EXCELLENT, but that is not the only criteria. But I still have some other places I really want to see....Canada, Netherlands, Italy. So we will see. (This is one for the decade!!)
57. Reconnect (or continue connecting) with this absolutely amazing group of nieces and nephews that are all grown up into amazing people!!!!
56. Continue my efforts in weight loss and fitness. My athletic injury (hahahahaha--who would ever think I would have an athletic injury) may have derailed my goal of 160 by 60----but I hope this is the first of my 60 rules that I will accomplish!!!!!
55. Continue my knitting journey.....I hope to learn one new technique every year for the next ten years. I have some exciting projects to start as soon as my current one is off the needles....put that will be a post at a later date!!!
54. Organize my photos---printed versions as well as electronic. However I have been saying this for decades!!!! But feel a sense of urgency to do it because as I have gone thru photos from Mom and Lee I realize that if I don't organize them---who will.
53. Cook one fabulous meal a week. One thing that traveling to Seattle in March and then to San Diego in July pointed out is how fabulous food can taste. So...even though my cooking skills are subpar in comparison to my daughters'--I really want to challenge myself!!
52. More blogging.....leaving behind a record of myself!!! At least weekly.
51. Less facebooking. Can I limit myself to only checking facebook once a day?
And that's it for tonight!!!
Sounds like a challenging but fun list. Good luck!
ReplyDelete