Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Yikes!! Another lost Summer

So much for my resolution to keep this blog updated.  I don't even have an excuse of moving, being pregnant, havng children, etc.  I guess the advent of the iphone makes me less inclined to sit at the computer.

SO HERE IS MY PLEDGE....weekly posts.....on friday's.

So what did I do this summer?

Hmm....went to San Diego for business and ate awesome food that almost rivaled that which was consumed in March in Seattle.  Both trips made me want to do better at cooking.

Hmmm...followup to number 1.  Emily and I did some batch cooking to freeze ahead.  We did an awesome chicken pot pie from the Pioneer Woman (and yes, it was delicious) plus we made some Scotch Bridies (from the Feast).  Both came out well.  I also froze lots and lots of corn from fresh out of the field sweet corn.  All is sitting in my freezer ready for consumption--sharing with Emily.

Hmmm.. had to buy a freezer for the purpose of batch cooking.

Did some yard work.  Not as much as I should but still enough to keep the flower beds looking great!

Minimal running...injured myself in July, and twice in August.  Seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...let's hope the news is good as I have done ZERO cardiac workouts since 8/29 and I hate that.  Absolutely hate that.

OK---check back in on Friday for the first of many posts.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer to hear about your injuries! I hope you get cleared to run soon. I, for one, will be checking back on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will look for your Friday post, too...wish you were meeting me in Utah--I leave Friday for 2+ weeks! Get those boxes ready for Grammy to pack!!

    ReplyDelete