So we relaxed, opened the doors and prepared to wait for hopefully the ferry after the next.
Imagine our surprise when way after the lines next to us had boarded the next ferry, when a park ranger came up to our car...pointed at us (I thought I was in trouble for having my door opened..) and asked "You ready to go?" and allowed us to cut in line!!!!! We now know it was the right decision to take my car to the ferry. As evidenced by the picture below, we were the last one on the ferry...and I do mean the last one.
I had to do some knitting too, I just wanted to be able to say I had done that!!!
Pam never left the car but did finally relax enough to not worry that we'd fall off the end of the ferry and do some business emails from her blackberry.
And just for Wes we made sure to stop at Candy Land!!!!! I also scouted out some of the OI bed and breakfasts and motels for my next beach week...which could be a solo trip.
I feel that my mother left an important detail of the day out.
ReplyDeleteScene: A calm, quiet, and quaint Ocracoke bookstore.
Enter: Clumsy, knitting book hungry Mother.
Result: Half of the store's inventory of knitting books falling to the floor.
Anna, when you left me that message that our mother had re-visited the Great Hobby Lobby Debacle, all I could think of was the time that she and I were an HL in Indy, and she ate pavement on the way out. So thank you for causing me to run around the apartment shouting "MY MOTHER FELL DOWN MY MOHER FELL DOWN."
ReplyDeleteThankfully Rob distracted me by waving something shiny in front of my face.
PS: MOM, SORRY FOR NOT CALLING TO CHECK ON YOU.