Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wow is Me!

So sometimes on the weekend I snap and cook up a big pot of green beans and then eat on them for about 3-4 meals during the week and I do the same with Chicken breast, grilled veggies, etc. It's what my Mom called "batch cooking" when we talked this week. Tonight, in the middle of the week, I made a giant batch of pasta salad and then some tuna salad.

The tuna salad is for supper after hot tub time. The last time I tried to make tuna salad on saturday, it turned out to be more like tuna soup. So tonight, I channeled my inner "anna" and only added mayo one little dab at a time. It looks perfect.

Now, if only I could channel Anna or Emily when it comes to chopping up veggies. Oh well, baby steps, baby steps.

P.S. I haven't been able to find measuring cups since starting the kitchen renovation so tonight I splurged and bought a new set ($2.00) at the grocery. Could cookies be coming soon?

3 comments:

  1. Yay!

    One, in order to chop veggies like your daughters you'll actually have to let Dad sharpen your knives.

    Two, you couldn't find any measuring cups because all the measuring cups were mine. ;)

    When I make some zucchini bread this week...I'll eat a loaf...or two just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have the 1/4th cup from your set. I will send it to you with the next mailing...hahahaha...as I'd hate to be the reason for you not baking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have everyone know that Dad does *not* sharpen my knives for me... anymore. I make Rob do it (can't stand the sound) now.

    Thank you for your attention.

    ReplyDelete