Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Day



Well, though Indiana did not get the snow that D.C. did, we got enough. Last night's commute home was treacherous with the earlier slush turning into ice, dealing with a mixture of sleet and snow, etc. But it did finally turn into a wet snow for the second big snow fall this winter. I measured around six inches on the back deck this morning. So, I shoveled off the deck so I could access the hot tub (priorities) and then made the decision not to go to town til daylight. Though I firmly believed I had the basic survival needs (Tab, Knitting Projects, Reading Material) and empty nester pantry staples (eggs, milk, peanut butter, bread), I decided that maybe just maybe I should also go to the grocery after the Lafayette Snowpocalypse had passed, especially as they are predicting more snow later this weekend and mid-week. This morning, the roads were snow covered but passable other than some areas where they had drifted back down to only one lane. After buying some groceries I came right back home..... After a lovely two hour nap this afternoon, I went outside to finish shoveling from the front of the garage (my neighbor plowed me out....i guess while i was sleeping) and then decided a little bit of fun was in order.
Those little footprints are from Chairman, who coud not understand what I was doing!!! tee hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment