Thursday, June 18, 2009

Delirious? or Just Crazy?


You may be able to answer that question without reading this blog but really, why did I put a picture of a sink full of dishes and a full dishwasher? Because finally I have a working sink and dishwasher!!! Yes!!! It's true. Thanks to some rain (and me paying off a tribe of Indians to do some rain dances) Doug was out here this morning and able to put in the plumbing. So I have spent the last few hours, washing dishes, and trying to decide where things are going. As you can maybe tell, the lower cabinet is going to be for things like mixer, electric knife. I am putting things I don't use very often in cabinets that maybe aren't as easy to get into and since that encompasses everything but a toaster, can opener, and a knife....I am set!!!! Seriously though, I found myself feeling with this very strong urge to bake cookies just a few minutes ago so I forced myself to come into the living room and sit down until the urge passes. There is still some stuff to do in the kitchen (kick board, wainscotting, cabinet handles, finishing the countertops, trimming out the floor, running a water line to the icemaker) but heck...I have a sink and dishwasher....I am very happy!!!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!

    If I were there, I'd bake you cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who spent the past three years up until 6 months ago with out a dishwasher, I can totally understand your excitement! Yea for dishwashers! You'll have to post pictures when the kitchen is done! I can't wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete