Sunday, June 14, 2009

Empty Nest Blues yet?

Many people have been asking me what it is like to have both Anna and Elphie out of the house. As usual, I have come up with a list of both the good and the bad. You decide which is which.
1. I no longer have to hide my shoes (or bras) from Elphie when taking them off.
2. Towels last forever, in fact, when was the last time I washed a load???
3. Where is the cook?
4. If I throw the tennis ball into the yard, I also have to go fetch the tennis ball from the yard.
5. I no longer have the excuse of not running the sweeper or yard work because poor Elphie is lonely.....(that's a negative in case you can't figure it out).
6. The only bladder control I have to worry about is mine!
7. My knitting does not have to be put up off the floor or couch every evening.
8. The only person (or animal) to break my glasses is me!!!
9. There is no one to help me find my tv control, glasses, or cell phone.
10. And late at night, there is no little warm furry body in my bed to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment