Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day One

many people might recall some of my emails four years ago when I was attempting to clean Mom's house in preparation for them moving from a three bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment. Remember all the counts of mayo jars in the refrig, ketchup, marinade?  Remember my litany of findings things like pickled beets that had turned white, applesauce, etc that I would have to dump onto the compost pile and then cart the jars to the dump?

Well, I am truly my mother's daughter because tonight I brought up from my basement 34 quart jars that were apple pie filling, peaches, tomatoe juice, green beans (that had turned white) and 30 pint jars of homemade salsa.  If one of my sisters can remind me when we made apple pie filling and peaches in Washington D.C. that might help me figure out how old it was.

They say every daughter turns into their mother.  This is proof positive I have.  And the worst thing?  Is that this weekend I start packing up my yarn barn that contains yarn I brought home from her house four years ago!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I think that apple pie filling was made in our first Virginia home so that was 16 years ago....I have not canned in over 12 years now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN...that only confirms that I have turned into Mom!! Emily was adamant that the jars be removed before closing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwwww.

    I forgot about those Mom. They totally turned white like 10 years ago. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete